Monday, September 12, 2011

How to Save 25% or More on Groceries

First a confession. I have been called "The Queen of Frugal" by immigrants of Asian and African origin. I wouldn't describe my couponing as "extreme," but when I lived in the Washington area I knew what the Sunday Post was for. And when I was married, my husband had this ongoing monthly assignment in Baltimore, which I think he kept just so that we could go bargain-hunting up and down Route 1...and if we paid retail at Wal-Mart, which is on the way, we felt that we'd been beaten down.

So I am qualified to recommend this article as covering five major points of grocery-store frugality, three of which the author discusses practicing at the time:

http://news.yahoo.com/two-tricks-save-28-percent-groceries-203900252.html

This endorsement comes from someone who's said for years that I can't imagine living in the United States on the equivalent of $600 that's been my Zambian e-friend's annual income, but this may well be the year I do it. In the United States, all the way, and that's 2011 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment