Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Now I Can't Eat at Subway Restaurants

It is not and has never been my intention to recommend Subway fast-food restaurants. They are sources of emergency nutrition that tend to be acceptable to people with food sensitivities. They're a big chain, and the purpose of the New York City motif is to prepare customers to expect policies of high prices for less than satisfactory food.

If, however, I want to go out to lunch in a place like Duffield, where there aren't a lot of options, ever since the demise of Appco I've been going to Subway. Granted, they train the high school kids they employ to define a salad as maximum amounts of iceberg lettuce, minimum amounts of other fresh vegetables (which aren't up to local standards in summer anyway), and no compensatory increase in the amount of tomato or baked chicken you get if you tell them to hold the cheese and "dressings." I like salads I make much better than theirs. But if I want to meet someone for lunch in a place that's not either of our homes or offices, at least a Subway salad isn't going to make me sick.

But now I can't go there any more. Why? Because this computer accepts incoming "Live Mail" that flashes commercial images on the screen. And these "Live Mail" messages interfere with what I'm actually doing on the computer. And although I don't have the right to reconfigure the computer in order to block these nasty little things, I do have the right to publish the information that they're about Subway restaurant food.

Subway just lost a customer. Drat. I liked the shopping and lunch trips a friend and I occasionally make into Duffield. And if and whenever Google ever gets its records straightened out, I would have been willing to display small, quiet, quick-loading images of Subway food right here on the page, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment