Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mike Huckabee Supports Chick-Fil-A

The usual suspects are targeting Chick-Fil-A because Don Cathy expressed his opinion on same-sex marriage. Mike Huckabee invites everyone to support the chain on Wednesday, the first of August:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?p=supportchickfila&s=9H4O

This has to be the ultimate demonstration for people who, even in the 1960s, tried to avoid large-scale demonstrations. No confrontations, no picket signs...all you have to do is go to the mall and buy and eat some sort of chicken-based lunch.

Will I participate in this? Yes, if my favorite local lurker invites me. Being gluten-intolerant, I can't eat any Chick-Fil-A meal that I remember from the year I worked on a mall, frequently bought Chick-Fil-A meals, and had no idea that those high-calorie meals were contributing to my being skinny and unhealthy. But none of the Cat Sanctuary cats is gluten-intolerant. And they all love fried chicken.

Interestingly, although Chick-Fil-A serves food that's high in saturated fat and far from sugar-free, the former governor's web site reports that since being diagnosed diabetic Mike Huckabee has lost lots of weight, got into exercise, and run a few marathons. More about this news, and many Republican Party line thoughts, at his blog:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/news

No comments:

Post a Comment