Monday, July 16, 2012

Should You Tell a Doctor You Own a Gun?

My recommendations: (1) Don't rely on federal funds for your personal medical care, if you need any. (2) Don't talk to a doctor who stores patients' identity information on a computer. (3) If a doctor asks you whether you own a gun, and is not treating you for a gunshot wound or a psychotic disorder, say, "Bad question."

Then, if the doctor doesn't back down immediately, show him/her a printout of this article:

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2012/07/15/do-you-have-a-gun-in-your-house-your-doctor-wants-to-know-and-so-does-the-government/

Tell the doctor that s/he is overstepping his/her boundaries and in violation of your constitutional rights. Do not employ that doctor again.

Even if you don't own a gun. Even if you don't, personally, happen to like guns.

I reserve the right to date and/or marry men who carry guns everywhere. I even reserve the right to fire a gun if I think it's necessary. I also reserve the right to arm myself with primary weapons that work better for me and my astigmatic eyes. But that's none of the business of anyone whom I might hire, in real life, to test my blood for an infection or set a broken bone.

The price of liberty is vigilance. And personal responsibility. If you want to be a free citizen in a constitutional democracy, your responsibilities include saying no to handouts that are now being used to encroach upon your rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment