Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bartering in Anacostia and Baltimore

Recommended by Clinton Yates, Annie Gowens reports on a barter system that allows Marylanders to exchange documentation of "Anacostia Hours" at locally owned businesses in Prince Georges County. A commenter compares this system with a system of "B-notes" used in Baltimore, Maryland:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/monopoly-money-nope-just-local-currency/2012/11/12/56909b3c-29cf-11e2-b4e0-346287b7e56c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_lunchln

(The Post asked me for a job description before opening this page. Hoot! The system demands serious-sounding job descriptions, too; there are options for "student" and "retired," but I don't think you could type in things like "beachcomber," although I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who tried. You can't even type in accurate, legitimate job descriptions like "writer"! I told'em I'm an Internet entrepreneur.)

No comments:

Post a Comment