Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Should All D.C. Cabs Look Alike?

Mike DeBonis shares the ugly story about the proposed requirement that all D.C. cabs come in "uniform colors":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/mike-debonis/wp/2012/12/10/behold-your-potential-d-c-taxi-color-schemes/

For the record, I think red and black looks sharp, but white and yellow show up better at night...but what business of mine is it if someone who needs the money from driving a cab happens to own a solid black car? If I'm looking for a taxi, I want a competent driver who knows his way around the city. I also prefer that the seat be clean. Apart from a preference that a taxi not be visibly held together by duct tape, I do not care what the thing looks like, and I don't want to pay a higher fee to ensure that all the cabs are the same color. Not good for tourism, D.C. council. Not good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment