Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tim Kaine Online at Last

From U.S. Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA):

"Dear Friend,

It's been six months since I was sworn in to office in January. Since then, I have taken an active role on my committees, logged thousands of miles across the Commonwealth to meet with Virginians and introduced legislation with colleagues on both sides of the aisle.
My staff and I have had the chance to speak with many Virginians during numerous roundtable discussions, small business tours and office hours. We now have five offices open in Richmond, Virginia Beach, Norton, Danville and Manassas with a sixth office opening in Roanoke in August. And just last month we moved out of our cramped temporary space in the Senate basement and into our permanent Washington D.C. office in the Russell Senate Office Building.

Looking forward, the next few months will be full of challenges, but I'm optimistic that we will be able to make real progress. I will continue working to lower student loan interest rates, return to normal budget order, fix our broken immigration system, create jobs, support our veterans and pass commonsense laws to reduce gun violence. As we work toward these goals, I want to hear your feedback along the way.

Please join me on Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, July 17 from 12 noon -12:30 PM for my very first social media town hall. You can submit questions on Facebook and Twitter with #AskTim anytime until Wednesday at 12:30 PM, and I'll respond to as many of your questions as I can."
 
Sigh...I don't do Facebook. Or Twitter.
If anybody else out there wants to pepper our junior senator (gently) with facts, e.g. that a verifiable counterintuitive way to reduce gun violence is to have enough firearms in circulation that people think very very hard before they provoke anyone...please use what you've learned from The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense.
I do not feel that as a Virginia voter I am being represented in the Senate by Tim Kaine. Other Virginians who read this web site probably don't feel represented by him either. But he's new and probably able to learn. Please treat him as someone who would like to become our friend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment