Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wanna See My Amazon Wish List?

Amazon says it's created a widget that allows everyone to peek at my Wish List. Would any fans like to send me one of these books? Why shouldn't you have access to my Wish List?

Here's what Amazon says they can't add to the List Widget now...and why...

Digital Products
The Face by Ruth Ozeki
Secret Lives of the First Ladies by Cormac O'Brien, Monika Suteski
The Language Imperative by Suzette Haden Elgin

Items with Multiple Buying Options
Home is Where the Cat Is by Bryan Woolley
My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor
Knitter's Magazine K103-2011 by Rick Mondragon

Unavailable Items

In other words, mostly because I've not specified a "buying option," because any complete printed version is equally welcome...I can't use "e-books." If it's not been published as a Real Book, it has to be available in a format I can download and print out. There are limits to what my aging eyes can endure: if I'm not interacting directly with readers, I don't want to look at a screen.

Now for a second try at embedding that List Widget...

Name Your Link

"Name Your Link"? Hmm...what about "Wish List"? Oh, well, it seems to be too late to change that now. Clicking on it should allow any fans who want to send me a book for Christmas to order the books available through Amazon...or see whether you happen to own one of the books on my list, and feel ready to part with it, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment