Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Morgan Griffith on Public Service

From U.S. Representative Morgan Griffith (R-VA-9):

"Serving You

A role of my office is to serve as a liaison between the Ninth District and the federal government. My team and I are willing and able to assist constituents with legislative concerns, in communicating with a federal agency, scheduling a Capitol tour, etc., and encourage you to be in contact with us should there be anything we can do.

We have established monthly traveling office hours throughout the district at which a team member or I will be present. A schedule of upcoming traveling office hours can be found on my website, www.morgangriffith.house.gov.

We regularly receive requests from constituents dealing with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Internal Revenue Service, Medicare, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Labor (Black Lung issues), and many other agencies. We can often intervene on a constituent’s behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or cut through red tape. We also can assist you with requesting or renewing passports, requesting expedited processing of these documents, and dealing with travel visa issues.

Before we can obtain information about your situation, we must provide the agency with your written authorization. Completing our privacy authorization form, which can be found on my website, is one of the first steps you must take in order for us to be able to assist you. You may also obtain the form by calling or visiting my offices or our traveling staff office hours. When returning this form to us, please take care to include any pertinent information and claim numbers we may need.

Constituent services such as these are typically handled by members of my team based out of our Abingdon and Christiansburg offices. You may call or visit either location for assistance, or drop by our staff traveling office hours discussed above.

As always, you can call my Abingdon office at 276-525-1405 or my Christiansburg office at 540-381-5671. To reach my office by email, please visit my website at www.morgangriffith.house.gov."

No comments:

Post a Comment