Thursday, August 4, 2011

Made Me Laugh, But...

These wacky psychic predictions for the next 5-1/2 months made me laugh:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8286161/ominous_psychic_predictions_for_the.html?cat=60

Funny thing though...although a few encouraging words on some (not all) of their petitions have caused the Tea Party to send me even more e-mail than Associated Content, I've not seen anything personal about President Obama. They obviously don't approve of Obamacare and raising the debt limit--nor do I--but so far as they'll admit, anyway, even the ones who want Obama, Reid, and Pelosi deported think they deserve nice new homes in their next country.

Which reminds me...in her recent book, The Obama Diaries, Laura Ingraham asks where the satirists have been all these years we've had the Obamas to kick around. She names two well-known satirists--raising the obvious rejoinder that Christopher Buckley had more compelling things to write about (see Losing Mum and Pup).

I'll tell her where I've been. I have been lurking. I remember all the nasty rumors and threats that circulated during Election 2008, and I do not want the Obamas' kids to lose their parents. No matter how funny their father's cigarettes, their mother's nagging, and La Glapion's "fabulosity" can be made (and Ingraham does make them funny). And I also do not want Obamacare to gain a martyr.

Which reminds me...Ingraham's first two books are Books You Can Buy From Me. As always, living authors get the option of a 10% royalty.

I'm not going to try to insert buttons from this computer today. To buy Ingraham's secondhand books from me, send me a message. Click here to indicate whether you want The Obama Diaries ($10 + shipping), Shut Up and Sing ($5 + shipping), or The Hillary Trap ($5 + shipping); as always, shipping charges don't apply to local readers who buy the books in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment