Monday, August 8, 2011

Tea Party Shows Signs of a True Grassroots Movement

You know a political movement really does come from the "grassroots" when some of the people who are united around one particular cause are completely opposed on some other issue, and they're still using the same name for themselves. The Tea Party is a network of local groups of individuals. There is no central organization saying that everyone who wants to repeal Obamacare and cut spending has to agree on any other issues, e.g. wildlife, abortion, foreign policy, etc.

With this in mind:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8248573/florida_tea_party_takes_on_endangered.html?cat=8

shows just how drastically some Tea Partiers disagree with me. I think motorboats, and motorcars, and planes, should be used only when necessary, preferably subject to votes by several people, and not even owned by the majority of individuals. I'm not trying to push people toward this level of eco-enlightenment; I was born and raised there. For me, motorboats in a wildlife preserve feel as loathsome as child abuse.

And I still think we need to repeal Obamacare and cut spending. For me, Greenness and frugality work both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment