Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Foliage Link

At priscillascatsanctuary.weebly.com I did a series of posts on local phenology--weather, wildlife, flowers, leaves, and so on. Whole books of this kind of thing, even when done by excellent writers, tend to be boring, but I figured readers could handle it in an occasional blog post. I don't know whether I'll ever find time to spend more time on Weebly, now, or whether I'll transfer the phenology series here...it did make the Weebly easy to find via search engines.

Anyway, our local phenology as of September 19, 2011, is warm weather with only a few trees beginning to show color. Most of our local trees wait for cold weather to change colors. Sycamores and tulip poplars do not; they turn yellow on schedule every year, whether it's warm or cold. And here, in what show up on this computer as beautiful living color, are photos of what I'm looking at outside today:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/slideshow/93599/more_fall_leaves_fall_colors.html?cat=12

The pictures are from Tennessee...I'm only seven miles inside the Virginia border, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment