Thursday, October 27, 2011

Palmaris Longus Tendon: Yet Another Way I'm Weird

I've always known I had a fairly prominent double palmaris longus tendon. I've even wondered whether it does serve a purpose; I can move my middle and ring fingers more independently than most people, can flex them further (i.e. scratch my wrist with the same-side hand), can type faster, and have typed much longer than most people could without developing carpal tunnel syndrome, and my palmaris longus tendons move when I'm doing these things.

However, because so far as I ever noticed everyone else in my family has a double palmaris longus tendon too, I didn't realize that having this feature put me in a minority until I read this short article:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7764740/palmaris_longus_tendon_is_yours_single.html?cat=5

No comments:

Post a Comment