Monday, March 19, 2012

A Brief History of Left-Wing Misogyny

Was the Old Left Wing feminist? Is today's Democratic Party feminist? Are these questions even funny?

Technically the word "feminist" was equally available to the Old Left and the Old Right, but personally I do not feel that anyone who tries to reduce my political concerns and interests to the single topic of tax-funded abortion (or even tax-funded birth control pills) is treating me as if he or she thought I was equally as valuable as a man. I do not feel that that person has ever heard my voice. I do not feel that that person's agenda for my life could possibly be liberating.

A book could be written on this topic. In fact, Laura Ingraham's Hillary Trap came close to being that book. But here's a short, updated precis, available online:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-lefts-long-time-war-on-women/?singlepage=true

No comments:

Post a Comment