Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tracking Bad Cops

Apart from the "good cop, bad cop" game, how many people out there have ever met a seriously bad cop? Probably we've met a few police officers who weren't completely the best they could have been--tired, unfocussed, more interested in next month's vacation than in this month's work--but what about the ones who really abuse their position, won't do their jobs without a bribe, shoot or beat up suspects who turn out not even to be guilty, etc.? So far as I know I've never seen one of those in real life. I hope I never do. I hope you don't, either.

However, nobody is perfect. So in the interest of protecting everyone's safety, the Cato Institute is organizing a project investigating reports of bad cops. More information:

http://personalliberty.com/2012/05/23/cato-to-track-bad-cops/?eiid=

No comments:

Post a Comment