Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dolphin Born on Video

Billy Hallowell shares the video of a dolphin "calf" being born, swimming, recognizing her mother, and peeking at the camera with that permanent silly grin that makes all dolphins (and all cormorants) so amusing...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dolphin-gives-birth-to-calf-on-video-see-it-here/

Some correspondents have tried to find out exactly why I so seldom actually watch videos. Can I see them? Depends on which computer I'm using; my own computer doesn't link to the Internet (that's a choice), so I'm always using a public access computer or borrowing a friend's. Online time is usually limited, so unless I know they're going to be very good and very short I seldom even try to find out whether they'll play on the computer I'm using. E-mails with "must-see video" in the heading automatically get deleted. On the other hand, when e-friends share videos with text transcriptions of any words (since public access computers aren't supposed to have sound), and with nice, clear, appealing still pictures, I do look, and sometimes I link.

No comments:

Post a Comment