Friday, September 14, 2012

Should We Have Gone to the Democratic Convention?

Jason Howerton asked people at the Democratic National Convention to describe members of the (bipartisan) Tea Party:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dnc-delegates-define-the-tea-party-backwards-wack-job-people/

"They drink a lot of tea and dance around, yell and scream"? That would be interesting, I suppose, because it's not what any Tea Partier of whom I'm aware actually does. Then again, sometimes, as it might be when our children's school (obviously not Gate City, this year) wins the state championship football game, people do stop politicking and just plain party. There is a time for dancing around and screaming "We're Number One," and when Obama loses the election in November I'm sure many of us will get into a dancing-and-screaming mood fuelled entirely by tea.

"Hate Black people"? Hello? Has this person ever met Allen West? Many Tea Partiers, including me, are fans of Thomas Sowell. Many like Condoleezza Rice. I'm not sure why I seem to be the only Tea Partier I know who has, so far, discovered Larry Elder. (Since I seem to be the only Tea Partier I know who attended a Seventh-Day Adventist school, I can understand why I seem to be the only one who's read anything by Adventist minister Hyveth Williams.) But almost every day a Tea Party connection sends me something in support of Allen West.

Oh, those Democratic delegates. So backward...so wacky...so out of touch with current reality...

Maybe I should have accepted that e-vite. Or maybe some Tea Party connections should have claimed it. Those Democrats have no clue what we're about.

I mean, crumbs, some Tea Partiers are Democrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment