Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Whaaat? Senator Warner's Web Page--Spam?

Something is rotten in the state of Virginia. I just received what looks like an e-mail from Senator Mark Warner, citing remarks by Leon Panetta on "Virginia's military might." What web site wouldn't link to that? However, the spam filter on this computer classifies the link to Secretary Panetta's speech as spam. It also classifies links to "capitolenews" as spam, and all five links in the e-mail, including one that looks like a newspaper, link to "capitolenews."

Readers, beware. I have no way of finding out whether Senator Warner has anything to do with "capitolenews," whether it's spam, or how bad it is. Sometimes new computer systems activate spam filters, completely against the intentions of the person trying to set up the system. Sometimes, too, in election years nasty pranks are perpetrated in the name of a candidate the perpetrator dislikes.

I will keep youall posted of whatever I find out, and hope anyone who finds out anything before I do will do as much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment