Prompted by Poets & Storytellers United. Fellow poets should know that Google is failing to post comments on Blogger/Blogspot blogs in a desperate bid to clutter my computer with even more cookies, and I won't back down. For now, that means I can't comment on your poems where they're posted. If you really want me to, I'll post comments and links to them here.
Anyway, some rhymes:
One hundred years of solitude
had left Macondo weird and crude.
Witty, concise, and on the mark is
the prose of G. Garcia-Marquez.
The author always said that he
heard people mutter "Can it be?"
then wrote his book as if it were.
The book created quite a stir.
It's mostly gross-outs, as we've seen,
desde el principio hasta el fin,
yet memory will long retain
the grandfather who tried in vain
to bring with him a little loam
from the old graveyard back at home
so that he guarded bones, each night,
of his ancestors, as was right,
and so preserve some sense that he
was still where he'd been born to be.
Desde el principio hasta el fin = from the beginning to the end.
This is the beginning of a series. There'll be another book title poem on my Substack in an hour or two.
Well done! (Many years since I read it, but I thought it great writing. However, couldn't cope with the TV series at all.)
ReplyDeleteYou're a quite talented poet. I dabble it a bit from time to time but nothing ever flows from my brain as lengthy and creative yours. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting us know about google My comments have not been appearing either....Rall
ReplyDeleteGreat write Priscilla
ReplyDelete