Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Status Update: Google's First Fail

So I have an e-book to write and don't need to spend a lot of time browsing things other people put on the Internet anyway. So what happens? Last night I closed Chrome and shut down the laptop as usual. This morning I restarted the laptop, opened Word, and then couldn't get Chrome to open. The Chrome window opened showing all the tabs that had been open last night but closed before the "active" tab could open.

Distracting, to say the least...and I don't know how long this cyberglitch will last, whether it's the result of a connection breakdown (on Google's end, since Firefox is working after its fashion) or a hacking or a misguided effort to force me to DOWNgrade to Windows 10.

News flash, Google: people who don't have Windows 10 by now are boycotting Windows 10 and, if you push a little harder, we'll boycott Google too, and there goes all that lovely data you want to collect about us. I was earning more money before you lot came along; I'll not miss the Internet much.

Weirdly, I'm logged into Blogspot, but not into Gmail. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjopy reading through your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete