Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Hasty Status Update

Well. It's May, right? In the absence of a contract, who wants to spend a day of this gorgeous yard work weather looking at a computer? So I've been offline for, er um, almost two weeks. This is normal except that, before going offline, I tossed off an invitation at another Blogspot-hosted forum for a crowd with a history of overloading Disqus to consider coming over here while their host is ill. A regular commenter had stepped up and invited them, then mentioned feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility of a daily blog post.

I can do a daily post, as regular readers may remember. Even in the absence of hordes of lively and inspiring commenters I can do a daily post. Who knows what a horde of commenters might inspire this web site to do. Even in the absence of Grandma Bonnie Peters, the non-writers here are a lively crowd too. Disqus was working here, for a few years when people weren't using it. I'd like to see the horde's links and jokes here. I was serious about the comment when I typed it, and I will make it happen if people want it to happen--that horde, or any other horde.

But what an impression to make on a few dozen e-friends...Well, I assumed that they could click on my Disqus picture and see a link to this blog. They say that's not correct. But then I just blinked out for, what's it been, twelve days? And I don't have any cool, snarky comments on the news at this moment. 

I'm serious, though, about restoring Disqus, and daily posts (with Petfinder pictures), if people want them. Let's say seven people. If you're one of the seven, you may post a comment here or post one on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment