Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Petition I'm Not Signing, But I Wish I Were

This is the sort of petition I would like to sign. No question.

Change.org: student wants prosthetic hand

Go ahead and click to read the story, if you like; it's about as sympathetic as stories get. College student, engineering major, loses music scholarship because an accident cost him a hand and he can no longer play in a band. And he thinks a new high-tech prosthesis will solve that problem.

Here's why I'm not signing: Company offered that hope to Right Hand Man, too, not long ago. Epic fail. Right Hand Man did not cry, telling me about it, but he said he very easily could cry. Those expensive gadgets are still experimental, still have some hazards, and still don't work.

Sorry, kid...I hope you can switch to one of the instruments that can be played with one hand and a simple strap-on device to hold the instrument in place. And I hope your school alumni fund come through with a bonus scholarship just for you, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment