Thursday, November 1, 2018

Correspondents' Choice: October Book

My correspondence is so far behind that October's book e-mails started to pour in while September's were still open as links...so after that long list of book links, here's a "list" with only one book link.

First to come in was a promotion for a nationwide reading/discussion program featuring, among other things, Moby Dick and The Handmaid's Tale. Those stuck in my memory because the one by the U.S. writer was a favorite my Canadian husband always recommended, and the one by the Canadian writer is a favorite I always recommend. Does anybody not already have copies of both?

But the first one that made me rush to open October's book links list was one of those heartwarming collections of poems by students. This should be a pleasant way to learn Black American History; each poem (free verse, rhymes, or acrostics) tells the story of a famous Black American. Because the book's been published by Lulu.com, it's not in bookstores or on Amazon yet; by the time this post goes live, that may have changed. You can order it directly from Lulu, or order it from this web site to show support. I'll add an Amazon link when I become aware of an Amazon Store selling copies.

Rhyme, Rhythm, and Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment