Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Newsletter Update

Yesterday Twitter automatically documented that the Glyphosate Awareness chat was shadowbanned:


I have not been looking forward to the chore of moving Glyphosate Awareness off Twitter into the kind of full-length newsletters most of the people I know are likely to read.

Think about it, Gentle Readers.

(wail)

Here I am, a little old lady living on an Internet writer's pitiful income, well below the global poverty level, with a minority gene that's made many of my relatives ill. I'm the one who broke the family curse and showed my surviving relatives that nature intended us to be healthy. The celiac gene is a trait, not a disease. If we simply refuse to eat most of the things most other people eat, we can be healthy. My family, thank God, don't have some other genes that create additional problems for some celiacs. Instead we have longevity genes. We can be healthy, and cheerful in our annoying Irish way, beyond the age of 100.

Except that other people have, since 2009, been making us sick. Not because of a natural process, not because of anything we've done wrong, but because other people have bought a license to poison us for profit, we keep waking up in the morning feeling pretty much the way you'd feel if you'd eaten a bowl of roach powder. Inadvertently eating glyphosate-tainted food forms bleeding ulcers all up and down the digestive tract, sometimes starting with the tip of the tongue. Breathing glyphosate vapors can have similar effects on our respiratory systems. Reactions get yuckier than that, but I'll stop describing symptoms, mine or my relatives', because I see no benefit in nauseating readers.

One day last summer during a glyphosate-triggered celiac reaction I looked into a toilet and saw a strip of tripe about the size of my finger floating about. I had not eaten any tripe. That was a layer of my damaged insides swirling down the drain. Monsanto, by then sold out to Bayer, had torn a three-inch strip off me. If someone came up to me and tore a three-inch strip off the back of my hand I think a jury would agree that whatever I did to that person was justified; I think, if I found an opportunity or someone else was helpful enough to call the police, that person would go directly to jail and stay there until he or she was sentenced to a longer term in prison.

Twitter doesn't even want me to complain about this? Twitter doesn't even want me to alert other people to the way their medical problems are being deliberately caused by a lot of greedheads, foreign greedheads at that, who don't care how many living things they kill as long as they're making money on the means of homicide?

So anyway: I'm sick. On the majority of days this year I've been sick. Anyone who hadn't grown up with undiagnosed celiac disease would have stayed home in bed. I grew up with undiagnosed celiac disease and the muscle power I've been using to push myself out to work is such that, when I'm not sick, I can lift and carry more than my own weight. When I am sick, which is most of the time now, walking two miles and typing on a computer all day feels like as much of a chore as lifting 150 pounds.

In hope of helping The Nephews (those of them who are physically related to me and share the celiac gene, and those who are not but have pseudo-celiac reactions to glyphosate) to lead normal adult lives, I've spent most of the past year reading everything about glyphosate. And some of it is hype and tripe, and some of it is discouraging. And what tries not to be discouraging has generally been garbage; the serious studies from big-name universities are discouraging as all get out.

I've been hosting what's supposed to be a live chat, although admittedly it's not a feel-good chat people visit every week for pleasure, where people share documentation of the harm glyphosate is doing and the ways people are fighting back.

It is aimed at discouraging violence--although trying to discuss the fact that someone is deliberately doing you bodily harm, without discussing both the natural and reasonable anger any sentient lifeform feels about that and the biochemical surge of ill feeling that's usually the first stage of my glyphosate reaction, would merely cost the discussion credibility.

Twitter's sold out. "Social" discussions that discourage people from buying toxic products can be blocked from view. This is a stupid move that will cost Twitter mucho dinero, and I say the more the better. Here's what I recommend: When you open Twitter, which should be less often because Twitter has lost credibility, you'll probably see "promoted tweets" from corporate sponsors who are not personal acquaintances of yours. On the upper right corner of those tweets is a little arrow that opens a pull-down menu containing the option "Block [Twitter name]." Click. Block those corporate sponsors. Make Twitter and its sponsors aware that we're not going to let Twitter monetize itself by isolating or silencing individuals.

If Twitter runs out of funding and dies before its management have the common sense to STOP ALL ATTEMPTS AT CENSORSHIP, no loss. The world does not need censored "social" media.

But I'm too tiiired to bother with allegedly free bulk e-mail services that exist just to try to frustrate people into paying for the services...does anyone seriously think anyone who's over age 50 would consider paying for service from a company that advertises free service and doesn't get the said free service moving, flawlessly, within half an hour? "Mail Chimp," I can now say from personal experience, is so called because its marketing strategy was obviously the idea of someone who may have better typing skills but probably has less common sense than your average chimpanzee.

(wail off)

For now...Robert Kennedy Jr.'s e-mail, yesterday, invited followers of the much-harassed-and-shadowbanned Children's Health Defense account to join RFK on something called Yellist.com. I clicked. It seems to work, in a clunky way. It's not the replacement for Twitter the world so desperately needs, but its "playlist" structure is a natural way to handle the Glyphosate Awareness newsletter.

For now, I'm testing Yellist. Join me there. Currently you'll find, on my profile (@5PriscillaKing, same as on Twitter), this web site's now world-famous post with the links and comments to the EPA's glyphosate dossier. Starting with this post tomorrow, each Thursday you'll find the online "playlist" version of a Glyphosate Awareness Newsletter: links to studies, news stories, and a blog post that summarizes what I've learned about the growth of glyphosate awareness during the week.

Those looking for hard data that you can print and circulate should like Yellist, if it works, better than Twitter because Yellist won't make you scroll through the banter and chatter to get to the science. The "playlist" will display my post as one big button, each linked report as another one. Opening each week's newsletter will be more like opening a printed magazine with an editorial page and a selection of articles.

I will be using Twitter to encourage Tweeps to join me on Yellist, which RFK recommends as a forum especially for the kind of honest discussion of product problems that Lilly's paying newspapers, and Merck and Bayer are paying Facebook and Twitter, to censor. RFK will be there. So will a lot of anti-vaxxer types, some of whom are on the wild-eyed conspiracy-theorist side, but I'd expect that, as more people join, it'll be easy to sort out which ones you do and don't want to follow. (Frex, although Joseph Mercola may be a real doctor, his Mercola site self-discredits by being intolerably spammy. I generally avoid linking there; you may want to avoid that site too.)

Amazon link? Why not a book about the historic role of typewriters in bringing much-needed changes to a nation mired in censorship?

No comments:

Post a Comment