Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Official Warning: Saloli Is Not Sending E-Mail

Our official group site, salolianigodagewi@yahoo.com, has been hacked by someone in Vietnam. Yahoo is refusing to acknowledge or fix the issue. Until further notice, DO NOT OPEN e-mail you might receive from salolianigodagewi. Saloli the Message Squirrel is NOT chattering. Report all e-mail from it as SPAM.

Yahoo is trying to use the coronavirus as an excuse to destroy its main reason for existing--free e-mail--and what I'm doing online this week is reclaiming documents I've stored on Yahoo e-mail, in anticipation of the need for everyone at this web site to delete and purge our Yahoo e-mail accounts. I don't want to do this, but Yahoo's travesty of "help" to stop the spammer is not giving me any confidence about anything else being a higher priority than removing all worthwhile information from Yahoo.

The whole Internet seems quite likely to self-destruct under the weight of corporate greed...I'd encourage all of you, Gentle Readers: If you've got a text message that your video-free cell phone will stop working and you can buy a new phone now...say, "I lived without a cell phone until the year 20-- and I'll live without one again." If you're seeing invitations to sign up for paid e-mail services before your free e-mail is hacked...say, "I lived without e-mail until the year 20-- and I'll live without it again."

Let the corporations pay for the epic fail of the Internet. You and I shouldn't have to. Weren't we all better off in the pre-Internet years? I'm looking forward to cashing in on my ability to type almost as fast on a standard (non-electric) typewriter as I do on a good computer keyboard...which is much much faster than I do on this pathetic worn-out laptop. Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment