While waiting for my own computer to be reconnected I spent an hour or so watching Fox News, and this is what I learned...
1. Lindsey, or however she spells it, Clancy murdered her three children because, after using "psychiatric medications," she heard voices telling her she had no choice but to kill her children and herself. Everyone knows she did it. She admits she did it. The only question is whether a jury will send her to prison or to a hospital for life. In her place I think I'd prefer the prison, but in any case living with her family, dating, having more children, doing a job or going to church, are options she's written out of her life. Why do news readers need to spend time dwelling on this tragedy? Why aren't they moving forward, letting this wretched woman be forgotten so her relatives can get on with their lives? And where is the discussion of which drugs did that to her brain and which pharmaceutical company her family should be able to sue?
2. A gang of young people raided and apparently just about destroyed a liquor store while some of the gang were driving recklessly outside the store to distract attention. Some people think this may be a consequence of their growing up in a "lower trust society" where they weren't free to roam the streets after school or sleep over at friends' houses. Bah humbug. For what it's worth, I didn't have a friend at whose house my parents would let me sleep over--because "That would mean reciprocity," Mother later explained when admitting that actually one school friend's mother had asked. My brother didn't have such a friend, either. My sister had such a friend, but only one. My parents didn't want to take responsibility for teaching crash courses in radical Green lifestyle alternatives to everyone in our classes. Only a child from a fairly radical Green family could even visit us for an hour after school. And y'know something? That has never caused either of us to want to trash a liquor store. I have been seen in a liquor store--only in Maryland, only because in Maryland a liquor store is where you cash checks if you don't have a bank account. I didn't like the place or its proprietors, but I never felt hate-crazed enough to want to go back and trash the store. Iirc I just wanted to get back to work and earn some more money. I don't know why those kids wanted to trash that store but I know it's not because they didn't have sleepover friends in middle school.
3. And the Democratic Party's strategy is to look for younger, cuter candidates, so that's what the Rs need to be doing, too...The news readers mentioned Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and didn't even mention that Anna Paulina Luna is more than a match for her. ("I would've thought you would've wanted to watch those two debating the Farm Bill on C-SPAN," I said to a girl-watching male acquaintance earlier in the year. "AOC and APL were on the same side for once! All of that long black hair flying in all directions!" Actually both of them do pretty well at keeping their hair under control on the job.) I've often mentioned that Ilhan Omar does a lot for a hijab, too. But Mamdani and that other Islamofascist creep? Cringe. Those faces don't even look sanitary.
I have been known to mention Gate City's own Terry Kilgore as an example of a young, good-looking Republican. We share the baby-face gene. Since reaching age 60 he's finally started to look old enough to be conspicuous in a college freshman class. In any case the salient point may be less "who looks good in a T-shirt" than "who actually is young enough for millennials to relate to," and those are two different concepts. I think there may be more baby-boomers than millennials who look good in T-shirts and tight jeans.Though Anna Paulina Luna probably does, Charlie Kirk certainly did, and Candace Owens, Erika Kirk, and Laura Loomer could be a poster trio of young cute conservatives if they'd stop catfighting.
Herewith, as a favor to Fox, a Top Ten List of Non-Left Public Figures Who Look Fit and Healthy and, at Least to Those Who Love Them, Undoubtedly "Hot": (All photos and video links from Google.)
1. RFK--in his way. He's not young but he is fit. The pale grey eyes and deep tan are an unusual, I might even say startling, some would say alarming, combination. My father had that combination so I'm used to looking at it. Some people were scared of him and some seem to be scared of the Secretary too, not even because either man has even started shredding their preconceived notions about anything, but on a more primal level of Are you SURE you're not a ghost? Pooh. Anyway, whether you're attracted to the legendary Kennedy charm or scared by the pale eyes, Secretary Kennedy works out regularly and could be a model for T-shirts. Or exercise videos. He has actually published a topless exercise video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deolshNz3lE (Warning: topless 70-year-old man looking buff.)
2. Anna Paulina Luna, the young woman I might once have wanted to look like.
3. J.D. Vance...yes, I see our Vice-President as young. His wife is a Beauty and on his good days he doesn't look out of place beside her. Actually a lot of people in the current presidential administration look as if their credentials included looking young and cute relative to the current President, and the only reason why Fox didn't pick up on that is that the current President's idea of "young" seems to be "well preserved at 60 or 70 years old."As distinct from being 80 years old like him.
4. Young (Oak) Kim. There are probably a thousand people whose real name is Young Kim. Two of them are competitve golf champions. There's even another well-known person whose name is Young Oak Kim. Anyway, the US Representative from Orange County, California, is probably the most distinguished person using that name. She's about my age actually, but she looks as if she might literally be young.
(It should probably be mentioned that Pennsylvania has a young politician whose real name happened to be Neil Young. He wasn't much to look at but his photo definitely shows that he's not a close relative of the rock star by that name. He lost the election, probably because the rock star had annoyed a lot of people. Rock star Neil Young looks Metis but says all his known ancestors were White. Pennsylvania's Neil Young looks White.)
5. Maria Elvira Salazar. She's not really young either, but you'd never know it from her photos.
6. Madison Cawthorn. When elected he was the youngest Congressman we'd ever had. He's still close, and as a paraplegic he looks like absolute "inspiration porn."
8. Stacey Dash. She's not very young. (When De, the character, was fifteen, Dash, the actress, was twenty-eight. This helped to set the rule for all the TV and novel sequels that De was the smartest, most mature of the teen fashion victims in Cher's social clique.) She was not elected to Congress, either, which may not be surprising given that she's best known for playing a "Clueless" teenybopper and modelling dresses that push the limits of legal "decency," but she is movie-star pretty.
10. Amanda Batten, formerly on the staff of Delegate Brenda Pogge, now campaigning for Pogge's former position.
No comments:
Post a Comment