Friday, April 23, 2021

Book Review: Tucker

Title: Tucker 

Author: Louis L'Amour

Date: 1971

Publisher: Bantam

ISBN: 0-553-29883-2

Length: 185 pages

Quote: "When I rode up to the buffalo wallow [P]a was lying there with his leg broke and his horse gone."

And he ordered Tucker to go after the horse that had wandered away with all of his gold in its saddlebags, and so began the coming-of-age adventure in which Tucker found it necessary to kill a few older men (strictly in self-defense) and bonded with a half-Ogallala girl. 

It's a "western," but L'Amour was generally agreed to be one of the world's best writers in this genre. I bought this book for resale. Local lurkers may form a line and start the bidding now.

1 comment:

  1. My husband went through a big Louis L'Amor kick early on in our marriage and read a bunch of them. He got me to read The Walking Drum, which I enjoyed very much, but I was super bummed there would be no sequel.

    ReplyDelete