Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Celebrating the Death of SB262

Right while I was reading Virginia Senate Bill #262, clicking on the "history" sub-page, and deciding not to waste a post on it, came a charming e-mail from Delegate Nick Rush to one of his constituents, who's been forwarding it around by way of encouragement to all of us bill readers. Delegate Rush said: "I rely on citizens to express their views on issues pending in the Virginia General Assembly. I greatly appreciate your willingness to keep me informed on issues you believe are important and I hope that you will continue to keep in touch."

For those who, like me, get lost in all these numbers, here's the full text of the moribund SB262:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+ful+SB262

For those who may be suffering from legislator envy: Terry Kilgore (and his staff) haven't been sending out charming e-mails like that. However, although I've not agreed with every single thing Delegate Kilgore has been doing, I think he's done an excellent job of representing the right-thinking and public-spirited people of Gate City with or without the help of this web site. If the team haven't been flattering voters, that could be because they've actually been reading and analyzing bills!

At the beginning of this session I e-mailed my state representatives the challenge, "Make me prouder." I'd say both of them have.

No comments:

Post a Comment