Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bad Poetry: Long-Ago Rooms

First read the explanation (and the poem) here:

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/micro-poetry-long-ago-rooms.html

Then, this...How would I know whether it's good or bad? This web site uses the "Bad Poetry" label for two things: poems written for Bad Poetry Day and/or collected as Bad Poetry, or poems written by me. If I've ever thought that an e-friend's poem qualified, I've not mentioned it. E-friends' poems are tagged as "Poetry."

Long-ago rooms show through
the old house, for me,
so though I see
the green paint peeling off the ceiling
where only sunshine lights the room
because the new lamp gets no current,
in memory
a bare ugly bulb glares down revealing
the room whose walls are painted blue.
When I can afford to refurbish it
you'll see those long-ago rooms, too.



And has the Cat Sanctuary ever needed repair and improvement, ever since the 2011 cyclone zapped the electricity in the older part of the house...It's still a wonderful, historic old house. Just add money.

No comments:

Post a Comment