Friday, July 25, 2014

I Just Sold a Book Outline

(Reclaimed from Bubblews)

While browsing the Internet this week I saw an offer for people to write children's stories. Someone was hiring a lot of people to write a lot of different short-short scripts for picture books.

I sat down and wrote the script to go with a picture book I would have wanted to read when I was six years old. Then I sent the person the bare-bones outline of that script.

Well, they bought the outline. I don't know when or where it will be published, or under what name, but that doesn't matter. The outline will make one of those pocket-sized picture books that I liked when I was three years old. The story will be a "chapter book" for primary school students, and I kept the rights to *that* book.

I'd like to do what Golden Books used to do and tie the two books together--the full-length book being a sort of sequel to the itty-bitty one.

The topic? There are lots of books for children about pet cats, dogs, and goldfish. What I actually had, and would have liked to read about, when I was six, was chickens. So this is a book about keeping chickens as pets.



No comments:

Post a Comment