Friday, February 24, 2023

Hip-Hop Fusion

Everyone knows already that I think hip-hop music leans too heavily on obbligato (often pre-recorded) and heavy beats (also subject to being pre-recorded). Don't all aunts think that? The thought pops into the head as the first baby pops out into this world, right? However, thanks to the Gift of Music Tolerance in Middle Age, I enjoy some rap and hip-hop, if the sound is not too angry (or is reasonably angry) and the language is not too foul. Here is an album, I forget who shared the link because it was a long time ago, with a lot of interesting music genre fusion floating above a hip-hop beat, much of which actually sounds more hoppy than hostile:


Dig? Those who dug may be able to get to Asheville on the fifth of April. If these beats make you want to move your feet, as distinct from punching somebody (or their stereo), you can buy tickets to hear the Polish-American hip-hopper live:


(Full disclosure: Though willing to help musicians track their link activity, I am not affiliated with and will receive no benefits from your using the link above.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so out of the loop about music, though it was one of the joys of my life for so long. Reggae and hip hop doesnt appeal especially. I am drawn back to the music of my mother's day, the music I heard growing up. Pure nostalgia. Interesting column, Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete