Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Status Update: Surviving Thanksgiving Weekend...or Did We?

Well...I survived Thanksgiving weekend much better than I expected. I cooked and ate several things that didn't make me sick. I wrote the recipe book manuscript, and sold a hand-knitted blanket, and got some house and garden chores done as well. I'm not back to that normal, regular digestion that allows eighty-year-old celiacs to feel ever so much better than they felt at twenty-five, yet, but I have some basis for believing I may get there again. And when we achieve a glyphosate-free world, I may not only live as long as Great-Aunt Oily McFilthy (age 99) but enjoy doing that.

Grandma Bonnie Peters, however, has been too ill to provide an update. (As regular readers know, she's not my grandmother. She chose "Grandma" as a screen name back when her grandchildren had four living grandparents. She is now the last grandparent they have left, and she's 82 years old.)

Others...let's just say, to preserve everyone's privacy, that it's been a very mixed Thanksgiving for this web site.

Although it's been electronically transferred, I've yet to receive the actual cash payment for either of those e-books; my income for this week, so far, is still $50. If your income for this week was more than that, you need to support this web site, using one of these options:

* Use the "donate" button in the Greeting post if it works for you (it should be visible at https://priscillaking.blogspot.com , always, and it has worked for some e-friends, but it does not work in my part of the world).

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4923804

https://www.guru.com/freelancers/priscilla-king (This is the site processing the e-book projects.)

https://www.fiverr.com/priscillaking 

https://www.iwriter.com/priscillaking 

https://www.seoclerk.com/user/PriscillaKing 


https://www.wordclerks.com/user/PriscillaKing 

* Or mail a U.S. postal money order to Boxholder, P.O. Box 322, Gate City, Virginia, 24251-0322.


That reiterated...did I think of anything "good" to post over the weekend? I thought of several things to post as soon as they're funded. Your payment can unlock any of the following:

1. Thanksgiving: why do some people react so "negatively" to Positive Thinking?

2. That scam post...you don't have to wait for the Turkish workers' story in English; it's already live at Change.org with the heading "JusticeForBravoWorkers." My own breaking story, in which the scammer exposes its own scamminess, awaits payment.

3. The explosion of allegations of sexual misconduct that allegedly happened twenty or more years ago, against men who look, at best, extremely unlikely to be dangerous now. This post is bipartisan: I have no more reason to "defend" Roy Moore than John Conyers, Garrison Keillor than Bill O'Reilly, and in fact I'm not "defending" them. If any of these guys is currently molesting children, by all means, lock him up and recycle the key. I'm raising the question, though, whether the dogpiles on these old men are merely a cover-up for more recent offenses (and offenders), or a more sinister effort to stretch the rule of "When it's her word against his, we should take her word" to the breaking point and thus protect all rapists and child molesters.

4. Another Vietnam veteran story (other than my Significant Other and relatives, that is). Family care for young veterans with most of their roads before them, or for older ones to whom We The People have a contractual obligation--why would anyone even suggest that we have to pick one?

5. Your call: pick a topic and (within reason) I'll write about it. (Due to contractual obligations, this does not include advocating for legalization of things that are currently illegal or deregulation of things that are heavily regulated, such as drugs or weapons).

Amazon book link? A correspondent celebrates the "bestseller" status of recently reissued...



No comments:

Post a Comment