Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pedal-Powered Generators: I Want One I Want One I Want One...

...But no points for guessing that the people who donated these generators to the Occupy Wall Street nuisances won't even sell one to me. They don't even want comments on this article from people who aren't subscribers to their print magazine. It's called "Nonprofit Quarterly," and they may be reporting their own effort as nonprofit, but their eye is definitely on the bottom line!

http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17276:innovation-as-occupy-wall-street-develops-bicycle-powered-generator&catid=155:nonprofit-newswire&Itemid=986

I have no problem with people keeping an eye on the bottom line. I just prefer that they admit that there's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid for what you do, or with paying others for what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment