Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Status Update: Paper.li

Well...that resolution to revive the Link Logs on Paper.li looked like fun until I set up an account there. The site furnishes lots of links for consideration, but for users to do much more than rubber-stamp their selections costs money.

Specifically, if youall want your content promoted by Paper.li right beside content from the major news media, somebody will have to come up with $10/month. That's the cost of getting my cat picture, your book posts, your vacation pictures, your product reviews, in place of a lot of posts from people whose blogs I might or might not care to support if I'd ever read them and a lot of stuff from sources like NBC that failed to make the cut for the 5:00 news.

I suspect a lot of you would be interested in seeing what NBC failed to tell you about while they were busy telling you that it's cold outside (news? ???), but for me to be able to endorse that will cost $10. That's $9 for the e-mail service, $1 for reading, "editing/curating" only in the sense of deciding what to include, (they promise) removing ad clutter, and arranging links and graphics into a newspaper-like format.

I'm willing to do it, and I've observed that it will boost traffic to yourall's web sites...but one of you will have to come up with the $10. If I go online, that's to make money not to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment