Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Web Log 6.13.23

Status Update 

It was a bad day. No violence, but I had to spend most of the day in town and came home feeling too discouraged to post anything. All you need to know is that what makes my days bad are events in the real world. You can't do anything about them. You can easily do something to add a pleasant event to balance the unpleasant ones--support this web site. Zazzle purchases, though much appreciated, go to PIRG not me; order a book or commission some writing instead, or if you want to be selfish just send money in a greeting card.

Censorship 

Zuckerberg admits that censorship destroys trust. Anticipated: In his next presser, Zuckerberg will admit that fires tend to be hot. 

I mean to say...if you're a news outlet, and you're not covering the hazards of some of the best known products of Bayer, Lilly, and Merck, I no longer want to see you in my in-box; I might look at you on a train but I will no longer buy you. And I miss my Washington Post


Money 

From the Meow:

"The advocates of public control cannot do without inflation. They need it in order to finance their policy of reckless spending and of lavishly subsidizing and bribing the voters."
Ludwig Von Mises (1881-1973) Austrian economist.

Psychology 

Ear thinkers think in "internal dialogues" and "internal monologues." Eye thinkers think in pictures. How tactile thinkers think is harder to imagine, but in practice it does seem to work for them. Something does go on in their heads. So this meme is a joke, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment