Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Web Log 6.6.23

I just don't get as much news as I used to. Let's just say I will never pay for any news media that are suppressing information at the behest of Bayer, Lilly, and Merck, so farewell the Washington Post, the BBC, all the US broadcasters, Twitter...and I never have trusted Fox the same way, nor do I trust Gettr.  

So it's just the fluff, the bare minimum of world news the little local paper can afford to print, and what youall tell me. The poem, for instance. I had not heard about the Odisha train wreck.

Books 

For those who liked Headspace...JD Edwin e-mailed recently, sent a copy of a friend's book, and hinted that she'd be pleased if (as a sort of book-birthday present) Headspace got 200 favorable Amazon reviews. It's close. Can you push it over the 200 mark? 

I'd love to do my bit. In fact I think it's sort of ridiculous that my longer reflection on Volumes 1 & 2 of the Headspace Trilogy is live on StrangeHorizons.com now, but I don't have a pithy review of either book showing on Amazon. And why is that? Money, as usual, of course. Even if I had $50 to spend on books (which I'd like to do, to encourage other writers) I wouldn't be able to spend it in the way Amazon insists on. There's a work-around, though: Anyone else who is planning to buy $50 worth of books on Amazon, including a copy of Headspace (to send to someone else) and a copy of some other book on my wish list (to send to me), may do so while logged in to my account with a temporary password. Amazon demands a purchase with a credit or debit card; it doesn't require my credit or debit card, which is good because I don't have or want one. That will unlock a whole batch of Net Galley reviews onto Amazon, also, and possibly some Goodreads reviews. (And if it doesn't, and you are another writer who wants more Amazon raves about your book, yes, I'll write new ones. Amazon reviews are for books or Kindles I received through Amazon or Net Galley, only. If you want to increase demand and get your Kindle book printed, here is your chance!)

Ooohhh! I just saw that Amazon's giving away free copies of the audio version, for those who listen to audio-books. Run don't walk!


Poetry 

It's not "Inglish." It could easily be British or American English. It's the philosophical tone that tells me it's Indian. 


Zazzle 

Mine: 


No comments:

Post a Comment