Thursday, September 24, 2026

Web Log for 9.23.26

Outlook is actually blocking some e-mail because there's so much backup, so I'm trying to clear out space there...

Agriculture 

Review of a book that's likely to be worth reading, with a link you can use to order the book.


Cybersecurity 

This is speculation. What I've posted in favor of Shooting Down The Cloud is based on science: Whoever may be running large-scale spy/plagiarism programs on computers, whatever they may choose to do with the information, we do know that programs run on that scale take a LOT of computers that use a LOT of space, energy, and water and generate immediate, substantial local warming. I've focussed on the climate concerns. That doesn't mean we should be unaware of more speculative concerns about who's likely to want to use "cloud" data for what purpose. This is a serious concern, here:


Music 

Tom Petty.


Neil Young.



Aukai. 



Ray Stevens. (A real blast from the past, this one. My siblings and I never tried streaking in public, but we did it at home, as a forbidden and therefore preferred way to dry off after a bath.)


Politics, Applied 

Why Christians' primary question is not even whether Trump is a Christian, but whether we're expecting too much from a flawed mortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment