Friday, September 25, 2026

Tuesday's Book Review: Second Chance with My Bad Boy Ex

Title: Second Chance with My Bad Boy Ex

Author: Abby Grayson

Date: 2023

Quote: "I can't trust him. I definitely can't trust m heart."

Andrea and Kyle lived together before marriage. While she was hoping for wedding bells, he was sneaking off to self-medicate his PTSD with alcohol. One morning she woke up and found a note saying he "couldn't go on." 

Andrea coped, though she didn't find another man she liked. Kyle tried to drink himself to death but his buddies pushed him into a rehabilitation program, and he's let it work for about a year now. And now Kyle's sister, who is Andrea's best friend, is getting married and insists that they be her maid of honor and best man.

I received an Advance Readers Copy of this e-book before it was published. It was lost somewhere in the computer crashes and power outages. I'm sure Abby Grayson assumed I hated the book. I did think Andrea was a bit too much like the heroines of paperback romances of my youth, describing everyone's clothes like a clothing store catalogue, telling Kyle she was doing fine on her own and then immediately losing her lapdog and crying and carrying on until Kyle's calling her "baby girl" again...but that's a small flaw in a romance novel. I failed to review the book because I didn't schedule it and keep track of it. I'm sorry about that. I'm scheduling better than that now. 

Anyway, here are lots of tears and recriminations and declarations of love, and one perfect kiss at the end, for those who like a sweet oldfashioned romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment