Friday, September 25, 2026

Web Log for 9.24.26

One link. One...I was up and at the computer most of the day, and with Microsoft fighting me at every step I managed to write Monday's butterfly post. I had turned on one thing on my "to listen to" list when I started the post. This week's Petfinder post? But it was already after midnight...

Seriously. It's not the laptop; Libre works well, and those few Chrome pages that stay open when the computer's not online, the history and bookmarks and saved PDF files, work well when the laptop's not connected to the Internet. It's when the laptop is connected that Microsoft spews out spite. There are actual "Push" and "Pester" programs, and others with less obvious names, intended to make people feel that computers with hard drives are obsolete, to feed "the cloud" and justify building the horrible "data centers." 

I counted, this morning. At the time of posting I'd given the computer 17 commands. It had obeyed 5 of those commands without prolonged delays and opposition.

Posts may be few and far between until I get Linux, which should have happened already. Will posts be regular again when I have Linux? Will Linux be able to work better than Microsoft? We shall see...

Music 

Creedence Clearwater Revival.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment