Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Bad Poetry: Eres Tu

After finishing the Writing Job, I turned to the e-mail. There, long awaited and awfully close to its official publication date, was the third volume of Headspace. Right. Time to pop some older blog posts out of the can and settle in for a good intensive read.

So here is a translation I wrote in high school. I'm sure the song "Eres Tu" had already been translated but don't think I've ever heard an English version. So I wrote one. 

TRANSLATION: ERES TÚ

You are like a promise, so you are, you are,
Like a summer morning, like the morning star.
You are like a sunny smile, you are, you are.
Like these things, all these things you are.

All of my hopes and dreams you are, you are.
Like fresh cool water in my hands, you are.
Like a high wind blowing from afar, you are.
Like these things, all these things you are.

And you are like the water in a fountain,
And you are like the fire on the hearth;
And when I am with you, the wild fire on the mountain
Seems to burn in me, because of what you are.

You are like a poem, so you are, you are,
Whispered on a starry night,w ith a soft guitar.
All of my horizon and my sky, you are.
Like these things, all these things you are.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment