Thursday, July 20, 2023

Web Log 7.19.23

One difference between being 50-plus and being 25 that is not altogether a gain: When you get tired, after age 50, it takes longer to feel rested up. Yesterday's errands did involve a good bit of walking and carrying things, and it was, by this summer's unusual standards, a warm day--mild for July--low 80s (Fahrenheit of course) in the sun. I came in tired. I ate, I slept, I drank three bottles of water. I'm still tired. I spent a lot of time today doing serious writing, a little time doing chores...and far too much time to suit me. resting.

Bookshop.org Store 

By pasting in book review links, I learned: The deal is that they'll add books to my virtual store shelf only if those books are still available from a publisher in their network as new books. So, of books reviewed so far in July, my Bookshop Store is now displaying two for sale. Orb Hunters is still too new; the others are too old. 

There are different links for different virtual shelves. Most of my shelves are still empty. Keep watching.


Election 2024 

Why Trump isn't calling him "Christie-Kreme"? Possibly because, despite challenging Bill Clinton for the title of King of Tacky, Trump has noticed that he's not in grade four any more. Still, Chris Christie can only run as a spoiler. He lacks Trump's record of economic success. He lacks Larry Elder's wisdom, Nikki Haley's looks, or Ron DeSantis's charm. It's not easy to look less telegenic than Tim Scott, but Christie's managed it. How's he going to trim any fat from the budget when he can't even trim enough off his own budget to maintain a reasonable body shape? For pity's sake, Republicans. Don't give the fat dweeb a chance to sing. Governor Youngkin can't have a second term. Draft him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment