Microsoft is trying to get people to rent more of Windows 10 by the year. I recommend holding out for a revised service contract that includes things like "Computer must be secured by making it UNABLE to receive third-party input from ANY source while it's in use, thus reducing the need for security updates, so NO changes may be made in the functions or even the looks of programs the computer uses," and "Microsoft must provide, free of charge, 'lifetime' word processing, data processing, camera, sound recording, and audiovisual playback software that are altogether independent of the Internet and do not expose Computer Owners' content to Microsoft employees' view," and "Microsoft may PAY not less than $1000 per month to any person whose movements and activities Microsoft wants to track through a peripheral device that is permanently connected to any electronic network"....
Cyberspace
Music
Most, not all, of these links came from the Monday Music Moves Me link-up. I set out to see whether I could listen and seated-exercise-move to all of their songs in one day. I couldn't; there'll be more tomorrow. Maybe if I'd started earlier...
Mannheim Steamroller, my favorite "1980s" group. (I had other favorites in the 1980s but they were older people playing older-style music.) Synthesizers, back-beat, high energy...best of the decade.
Meg Christian.
Disney. This web site did not observe Talk Like a Pirate Day, but some people did. Warning: some links are to cartoon videos. With silly voices. Lots of songs about pirates and sailing were on my to-listen-to list today. More mainstream ones further down.
Great Master.
Alestorm.
Dropkick Murphys.
Sandy Riccardi.
Gilbert & Sullivan.
Tim Curry.
Jimmy Buffett.
Ray Stevens.
Ally the Piper.
Weezer.
Men at Work.
Bridge City Sinners.
Alan Jackson.
Elvis Presley. (Elvis Gibson did this song differently, and on listening I actually prefer homeboy's version, but this is history.)
The Pentangle.
Jeff Healey Band.
Bananarama.
Nick Lowe.
Zac Brown Band.
Kenny Chesney.
Home Free.
Three Dog Night.
Harry Chapin.
Cat Stevens.
Vince Gill.
Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Yellowcard.
Adrian von Ziegler.
No comments:
Post a Comment