Friday, October 13, 2023

Four Elements of Humans Suite

Prologue 

Our ancestors liked things in fours.
Four seasons, four directions, four
elements (conditions,, rather),
four types of people (which is yours?).
The temperaments we see in more
Scientific ways, now, if we bother.

Earth Human (HSP)

I have more nerves than other people do,
See, hear, feel, taste more. I am cool and dry.
The northern winter pleases most my eye.
If anyone likes clothes devoid of hue
And wears all black or all white, it is I.
I'm tall, thin, pale. I might seem shy to you
 But am not shy when I have things to do.
I revel, and I nit-pick, and I sigh.
I taste the bitterness in sweetest things
And savoriness in the most bitter, too.
Tell me just what I'm feeling? Best not try.
I see when benefits have hidden strings.
I note: the brightest skies are always blue.
I know the names of all the birds that fly.

Water Human (LBS) 

I like peace and quiet; I spend time alone
Reflecting on things when they're long past and gone.
I don't think I'm brilliant as Earth people are.
I'd rather be manager than be the star.
Although I'm self-disciplined, I have been known
To sink into sin if someone led me on.
I'll follow'most anyone rather than lead.
Perhaps the right leader is all that I need.
To be very pleasant and always get on
With everyone--but I'm still lazy, I moan,
And quite timid, too. Oh, just leave me alone.

Fire Human (Type A) 

I know what I mean to do, and
I am here to get it done.
Balk, and I am apt to ruin
Rather than take correction.
I am not content to follow.
I will lead or walk alone.
I'm not brittle. I'm not hollow.
I am solid, hard as stone.
I don't frequently show anger,
As a child of Western Civ.;
Those who cross me are in danger
For as long as we both live.
Though I can be quite appalling--
I was born and built for war!--
If I heed the Spirit's calling
I'm no worse than others are.

Air Human (ADD?) 

i dont want to bother about rhyme 
or punctuation or old worn out rules.
poetry is just feelings on paper.
feeelings are what life is all about
for me anyway. i dont know how to think 
till i hear myself talking. 
i do what i feel like doing
& so im probably late for something now
i forget what it is
i dont need a day minder.
i would only forget to use it.
i just need slack. 
lots & lots & lots of slack
& lots of nice people who think that i am cute.
im the life of the party
even if i forget & try to go home with
someone different than i came in with.
yes i do drink a lot, but im almost as ditzy
when i'm not drinking. 
i was really cute when i was 4
& dont know why people now seem to want something more.


No comments:

Post a Comment