Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Web Log for 11.20.23

Status Update 

Writers whose books I'm trying to read? This is important. There've not even been Link Logs lately because 90% of my e-mail currently consists of messages, not from writers, but from their computers, or even files they've rented on someone else's computers, trying to "advertise" their names with e-mail newsletters every day or even twice a day. I like to hear from writers! I really do! Their e-mails are totally bacon, not spam! But in order to appreciate your e-mails, dear novelists, I must ask you to limit the bulk mailings to one per writer per week. Try to send them on different days. If each novelist sent out a bulk e-mail on the day of the week when the novelist was born, there is a chance that the e-mails would be read in the same month that they are mailed. Only hand-typed e-mails should come from the same place twice in the same week, please!

Animals 

It was so nice of this blogger not to reveal the fun fact in the title of this post. It's a science tidbit that may amuse the younger Nephews and their school friends...some insects build up enough internal gases that you can tell where they are in the dark, every time, but some researchers now feel able to assert that no birds do. (You can certainly find a herons' roost in the dark, but it smells about the same whether the herons have all gone fishing or are actually roosting in it. I'll take Jackson's word.)


Obituary 

RIP Rosalynn Carter, possibly the best example of how to be a Former First Lady of all time. Certainly in my lifetime. I expect some argument about this from those who want to give all the superlatives to Rs. Well I'm an I. While the Carters were helping run it Habitat was an excellent charity.


No comments:

Post a Comment