Monday, May 6, 2024

Book Review: Enemy Protector

Title: Enemy Protector

Author: Josephine Belle

Publisher: Josephine Belle

Quote: "My fists were sore from some enforcement I had to lay into one of my associates. I hadn't known that beautiful Bella worked in this establishment."

Damien is a Mafia don. Bella is a Mafia moll. They fall in love, commit fornication repeatedly until a pregnancy is incurred, and then magically decide to give up their lives of violence. 

I don't believe it. I don't particularly like it, either, especially not the scene where Bella finds Damien tied down and beaten up in a garage and enables him to reclaim a gun and mow down all the other mafiosi in the place (they're mafiosi, they're there to bully a rival gangster, and none of them is ready to return fire?). There are those who think this sort of thing is funny. Enemy Protector is recommended to those readers. If you laugh at violent stories where all the armed and dangerous baddies have in common a tendency to lose control of their weapons when confronted by heroes, you'll like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment