Thursday, October 16, 2014

This has so not been my day, Gentle Readers.
Earlier this week, one of the teachers at the college that hosts this computer center volunteered to take me to and from the college since she drives the same way every day. Then she got nervous. It is entirely probable that she got nervous because she had one of those insurance policies that ought to be banned by federal law that don't cover passengers in case of a crash. It is also possible that she got nervous because, the three times I rode with her, she drove like one of those older people who really should stop driving. (I didn't say this to her at the time.) Anyway she backed out of the offer she'd made.

So this morning I called another person who sometimes drives this way, and he didn't call back. It started to rain. I started to walk, hoping that somebody would offer me a lift. Two people offered me a lift to Duffield. They and their vehicle looked remarkably similar to two of a group of students who once offered me a lift to Duffield in order to play a nasty little prank, so I declined. I walked six miles and was then offered a lift by a van full of aggressively evangelical Christians. I got inside the building around 3 p.m., and found the computer center closed for a "campus-wide staff meeting" from 3 to 4 p.m.

There's no way I can read five of everybody's Bubbles today. I'll try to read one, and try to get online again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment