Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Is Fundly and How Much Good Will It Do?

Todd Cefaratti is a busy fellow. Almost every day of 2011 he sent me an e-mail on behalf of some deserving Constitution-conscious candidate (I don't think all of them were even Republicans) for whom I don't have a vote, reminding me that it is legal to donate money to out-of-state political campaigns. If you're not eligible to vote for someone but think s/he ought to win, you can help finance an ad that might possibly prod someone else to vote for him/her.

I can't do that, myself, due to lack of money...but I wanted to do something to reward Cefaratti's diligence (and the good work of the candidates he picks), so I've just added a page to his Fundly:

http://fundly.com/user/priscillaking

Gentle Readers, this page DOES NOT collect money for me. If you want to support this blog, which you certainly ought to do, click here. The only benefit I get out of this Fundly is that, if it raises more money than anybody I know personally would ever be likely to give to a politician, I might get invited to a fancy dinner in Washington. Meh. I've been to a few of those things. You want to give the benefit to some other Fundly User who's never been in Washington before, go ahead.

But if you're going to back a candidate outside your own state, I recommend getting to know Todd Cefaratti and his choices. This is a legitimate fundraising effort...even though they're currently showing a generic male-type silhouette, next to my name, because some sort of "error on page" is impeding the process of uploading my cat picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment