Monday, August 26, 2013

Morgan Griffith on the Use of Congressmen

Morgan Griffith (R-VA-9) is definitely not "hiding." Here is his formal invitation to constituents to avail themselves of his services:

"
Serving You
I came to Congress to represent the Ninth District’s beliefs, values, and interests in our nation’s capital, an honor that I do not take lightly.  Being your Congressman requires me to travel to Washington, D.C. and other places for legislative purposes, but no matter where I might be, serving you remains one of my top priorities.

The role of my office is to serve as a liaison between you and the federal government.  You may be surprised to learn of the different ways my team can help.   Whether assistance is needed in communicating with a federal agency, scheduling a Capitol tour, or applying for a Service Academy nomination, we are here to help. 

One of the most important things I do as a Congressman in serving you is to assist with issues concerning federal agencies.  We receive requests dealing with the Internal Revenue Service, Medicare, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Labor (Black Lung Issues), the Department of Veterans Affairs, and many other agencies.  We can also assist you to request a passport, renew your passport, request expedited processing of those documents and deal with Visa issues.  Although we are generally prohibited from involvement in legal matters or overriding decisions made by a federal agency, we work to intervene on your behalf to cut through red tape, seek answers to your questions, and assist in pursuing solutions to your concerns.

Before we can obtain information about your situation from a federal agency, we must provide them with your written authorization.  Our privacy consent form can be found on my website, www.morgangriffith.house.gov, or you may contact the Abingdon or Christiansburg office to obtain the form.  Completing this form is one of the first steps you must take in order for me to assist you.  When returning the privacy consent form to my team, please also be sure to include any pertinent information and claim numbers that we might need.  Included with the privacy consent form, you are asked to submit a short statement to summarize your issue with the federal agency, so we can make certain we understand exactly what assistance you need.

Constituent services such as these are typically handled by members of my team based out of our Abingdon and Christiansburg offices. You may call or visit at either location to discuss your issues.  In addition, you can visit during our staff traveling office hours where you can meet with members of my team in person to ask for assistance or just to share comments.  Our schedule for office hours in your locality can be found on my website, www.morgangriffith.house.gov.  My team is ready and willing to assist you.  Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need help with a federal agency.
As always, if you have questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to call my Abingdon office at 276-525-1405 or my Christiansburg office at 540-381-5671.  To reach my office by email, please visit my website at www.morgangriffith.house.gov."

No comments:

Post a Comment