Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to Read Ben Carson's "America the Beautiful"

Gentle Readers, I have a confession to make. I've been reading Ben Carson's America the Beautiful in fits and starts, at the computer center. Every time I read a chapter, somebody else sees the book and grabs it. So I'm only about two-thirds of the way through this book.

It's a very valuable book because in America the Beautiful we learn what an experienced M.D. who's stayed in touch with his underprivileged patients has to say about the real reason why medical care has become so hard to pay for, and why doctors aren't providing medical care to the poor pro bono the way they once did.

If I had more money to spare I'd buy America the Beautiful just to show respect, but it's a bestseller, and as long as I'm making $200-400 per month, I have to buy obscure books first. However, those of you who made sure I could read Anne Lamott's Some Assembly Required and David Limbaugh's Great Destroyer are welcome to share this one with me too. Buy it online for only $3.95 here:

https://www.newsmaxstore.com/nm_mag/america-the-beautiful_combo.cfm?s=al&promo_code=1485C-1#order

You will get onto the Newsmax mailing list. They send out only a reasonable amount of e-mails, mostly worthwhile news stories, a few legitimate ads, and it's all edited from a very moderate Republican point of view. They say it's easy to unsubscribe. I don't know. I don't always open e-mail from Newsmax but I've never found it offensive or burdensome enough to want to unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment