Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Bad Poetry: Peace

Good morning, reviewers and readers! Two prompts for one day...what to write? Long & Short Reviews asked which books have been on reviewers' "To Be Read" lists longest. I'm not sure, but with the NaPoWriMo prompt of "Peace" I remember that War and Peace has been on my list for a long time.

Your plans for lunch did not delight me
But that is perfectly okay.
You had your lunch, no need to fight me,
And I had mine in my own way.
When people want non-interference,
Between them there's a chance of peace.
If the UN's port entry clearance
Rested on work to make wars cease,
Blather of global vaccine mandates
Would have brought calls for doctors' aid,
And those who blathered would be candidates
For bed rest through the next decade.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment